Thread: News 29th December

Site Manager

Status
    Level
    Achievements 500 Posts250 Posts200 PostsHappy Anniversary!Trend Setter150 Posts
    Awards Support Staff Pin - Support Staff
    Gamer Certified! - Participated in the CoD tournamentCarnage - Most kills in CoD tournament.Staff Of The Month - Staff member of the month November 2011MvP - MvP in CoD tournement.The Black Panther - A True Panther Addict
    Gil
    Items Epic FailFace PalmMan-ThongChocolate MuffinCookie
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xNeo Angelox PSN ID: xNeo_Angelox

Dark Blue Scroll News 29th December

Howdy folks and welcome to another fun packed newsletter, so its been a while since we did one of these and so i figured it'd be a good time to do one now that the festive period is over. I hope that you and your families had a wonderful christmas, i know i did. so, i bet your wondering what news does this lone wanderer bring? well now that the festive season has subsided we will be looking at writing some top notch reviews on a few games as well as continue to improve the site in anyway we can. If you haven't already seen, Steve has announced our forums now support Tap-a-talk forum app for android and iOs so now you can use those apps to view our forums and have a more user friendly browse of the forums.

I'm hoping that i can create some new and exciting things for the avatar shop in the coming months and i know i will be hard at work cleaning up the forums as it appears to have been spambot infested as of late due to me not propperly ensuring spambots are barred. However i want to take this opportunity to ask everyone who uses the site to get promoting us, tell your friends, family and anyone you can think of to make a visit and register, we want to build our community so that we have a load of cool and interesting conversations and people to make Panther Products a fantastic resource and place to hang out. The more you guys can help the better.

There have not been a lot of legitimate registrations recently and this is due to the fact new forums are very hard to get of the ground to become full fledged message boards so that is why we want your help. Obviously you like our site or you wouldn't come back, however people tend to just skim over sites and not register because they don't fully understand what the site is all about (this applies to many sites not just ours) and this in turn means they don't register because they don't see many people on it, thus the viscious cycle continues.

We want the site to grow and we want to know what you like, dislike and have issues with, no matter how big or small we want to know what our genuine members feel.

Right enough of that talk lets move on to my own little space of the news, Ok so christmas was great, i had a fun time dressing up in a hotdog suit for our themed christmas dinner, i'll try post some pics later on, however some of you may know my PC isn't what it used to be, and as time has gone on its become slower and just needs upgrading, so i went out and got myself a new motherboard (Sabertooth x79 for those tech heads) and a coolermaster HAF X gaming case which my wonderful girlfriend got me. So i'm all set for building a big future proof powerhouse which means i'll be able to work on multitudes of videos etc as well as be able to review some high spec games for PC.

Anyhow hope you all keep well and thanks for reading!

Site Manager

Status
    Level
    Achievements 250 Posts200 PostsPoll Position150 PostsTrend SetterHappy Anniversary!
    Awards Support Staff Pin - Support Staff.
    Staff Of The Month - Staff member of the month October 2011Techie Award - Computer Techie.The Black Panther - A True Panther Addict
    Gil
    Items Cookie
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EvilGirraffe PSN ID: The-Evil-Giraffe Steam ID: steviethepanther
    Nice to see you had a great Christmas Neo, I also had a good time between the wonderful world of work, but now the busy times are over its time to get back to the more important world of PantherProducts, I will be getting up to date on some more helpful articles and beginner guides that will help techies of all skills and the those of you that need that bit of help when buying a new item for your PC or games console as well as looking at the latest hardware and gadgets that have hit the market.

I'm sure Neo will be continuing his platinum run and going for his 25th?? platinum PS3 trophy. What will be next on the list. So just to re-iterate please if you read this site , do register and become part of pantherproducts and share your views. c u soon
    -ThePanther

Site Manager

Status
    Level
    Achievements 500 Posts250 Posts200 PostsHappy Anniversary!Trend Setter150 Posts
    Awards Support Staff Pin - Support Staff
    Gamer Certified! - Participated in the CoD tournamentCarnage - Most kills in CoD tournament.Staff Of The Month - Staff member of the month November 2011MvP - MvP in CoD tournement.The Black Panther - A True Panther Addict
    Gil
    Items Epic FailFace PalmMan-ThongChocolate MuffinCookie
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xNeo Angelox PSN ID: xNeo_Angelox
    My next platinum will hopefully be Tony hawks pro skater HD which i'll be reviewing in the next week or so.

I've recently installed a new anti-spam-bot solution which will hopefully make it easier for genuine members to get themselves registered without having to go through masses of security and bot fooling stuff to get on the site. What the new feature does is it works alongside our current mod and times the amount of time it takes to fill in the registration form, now a normal human it is physically impossble to complete the form in under 15 seconds so we've placed the timer at 20 seconds (which is also pretty hard to do), this means any registrations that take less than 18 seconds are denied and are also logged using the other system to check wether the request to register was on the ban/black list of 3 spam blocker sites and if the username pops up as a known spammer name before notifying us of the blocked request so we can overturn it if we know its genuine.

This means we've removed the image verification and E-mail confirmation parts of the registration process meaning its easier for real humans to get signed up and stuck in!