Thread: Peripherals

Status
    Level
    Achievements No Longer a NewbieFresh MeatWelcome Back!A Little Bird Told MeJust starting out
    Gil

Peripherals

can anyone help me to know about printers...what r its types..what r d options present in a good printer...looking forward to buy one ...so need help in getting info.

Site Manager

Status
    Level
    Achievements 250 Posts200 PostsPoll Position150 PostsTrend SetterHappy Anniversary!
    Awards Support Staff Pin - Support Staff.
    Staff Of The Month - Staff member of the month October 2011Techie Award - Computer Techie.The Black Panther - A True Panther Addict
    Gil
    Items Cookie
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EvilGirraffe PSN ID: The-Evil-Giraffe Steam ID: steviethepanther
    What is the printer primarily used for? is it going to be used for photo's, general purpose printing with a few pictures etc or more office like use? I can help you further depending on the answer. Also what price range are you looking at?
    -ThePanther

Status
    Level
    Achievements Just starting outWelcome Back!I Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh MeatA Little Bird Told Me
    Gil
    If looking to get myself a new printer, its mainly going to be for printing photos and high quality pictures but i don't want to pay too much for one, i'm looking to spend anywhere between $100 to $400 but preferably the lower end of that budget, do you have any suggestions The panther on what i could be looking at?
    I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
    - Mitch Hedberg

Site Manager

Status
    Level
    Achievements 250 Posts200 PostsPoll Position150 PostsTrend SetterHappy Anniversary!
    Awards Support Staff Pin - Support Staff.
    Staff Of The Month - Staff member of the month October 2011Techie Award - Computer Techie.The Black Panther - A True Panther Addict
    Gil
    Items Cookie
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EvilGirraffe PSN ID: The-Evil-Giraffe Steam ID: steviethepanther
    Thats a fair budget really for a home printer, most photo capable printers are good enough for decent quality prints, at amazon there is the Epson Stylus NX625 which offers high quality photo's as well as an inecpensive start up cost. Its also wireless n certified so you can print from any of the computers in the house wirelessly. There is also an epson app available to print from a range of mobile devices, so you can print directly from your phone. When I looked at amazon US the price was $144 so well in your price range.
    -ThePanther

Status
    Level
    Achievements Just starting outWelcome Back!I Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh MeatA Little Bird Told Me
    Gil
    Well i wasn't saure as to what kind of price ranges printers generally went to so i was willing to pay anywhere in that bracket. Thanks for the information i do like the idea of wireless printing as i can Print of my photography projects while i'm at uni. I heard that printers work from a DCI (i think) figure which tells you the print quality/speed rate and stuff, but not entirely sure what it meant. I'll look into the printers you suggested and i'll probably end up buying one
    I know a lot about cars, man. I can look at any car's headlights and tell you exactly which way it's coming.
    - Mitch Hedberg