Thread: Skyrim - Train skills for free!!

Status
    Level
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!vB ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh MeatI'm Not Alone!
    Gil
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Simp22

Skyrim - Train skills for free!!

Hi all

There is a way to learn for free in skyrim. All you need to do is find trainers which can become companions

--Faendal the wood elf in riverwood is a Journeyman archery trainer
    --Many trainers within the Companions guild in Jorrvaskr in whiterun

Basically all you have to do is get them to follow you, speak to them and get them to teach you and pay them gold, then ask them to trade items and take your gold back, do this as many times as you like but you will need to level up once you have trained 5 times, rinse repeat enjoy

PSN:Simp22

Status
    Level
    Achievements 25 PostsvB ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh MeatJust starting out
    Awards Signature Competition Winner - Won Signature Of The Month February 2012
    Gil
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SmoothCriminaI
    It appears you can only do this with certain NPC's, also it depends on the skill level of the NPC as if you've learned higher than they teach you cannot repeat this, is this possible to keep doing it with master trainers?

Status
    Level
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!vB ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh MeatI'm Not Alone!
    Gil
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Simp22
    Yes i think you can go to the full 100 with master trainers, a few notable trainers are in the companions guild in whiterun, you can also use trainers which cannot become followers and pickpocket your gold back if you have a high enough skill ( i recommend saving before attempting pickpocket).

Status
    Level
    Achievements vB ExperiencedI Survived a Month!Welcome Back!No Longer a NewbieFresh MeatJust starting out
    Gil
    This does actually work, thanks for the info Simp22 now i can finally start owning with my bow and arrows