Thread: Anyone play minecraft?

Status
    Level
    Achievements vB ExperiencedI Survived a Month!A Little Bird Told MeJust starting outWelcome Back!No Longer a Newbie
    Gil

Anyone play minecraft?

Is there any minecraft fans out there that either own a free to play server or know of any good ones? i would like to start playing and haven't found anything decent in regards to free to play servers that are popular. also what can you actually do in minecraft? i know you can make things out of blocks but is there any quests or challenges you can do? i want to learn a bit more.

Site Manager

Status
    Level
    Achievements 3 Bagger250 Posts200 PostsPoll Position150 PostsTrend Setter
    Awards Support Staff Pin - Support Staff.
    Staff Of The Month - Staff member of the month October 2011Techie Award - Computer Techie.The Black Panther - A True Panther Addict
    Gil
    Items Cookie
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EvilGirraffe PSN ID: The-Evil-Giraffe Steam ID: steviethepanther
    must admit ive known that minecraft is huge, but never really knew what it was all about either. Hopefully someone will know what the fasination is all about
    -ThePanther

Status
    Level
    Achievements vB ExperiencedI Survived a Month!A Little Bird Told MeJust starting outWelcome Back!No Longer a Newbie
    Gil
    I know its something to do with Building things out of pixel blocks, the graphics are very limited but the possibilities of stuff are almost endless. I'm still not 100% sure what you can do on it but i was hopeing to try it.

Status
    Level
    Achievements 25 PostsvB ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh MeatJust starting out
    Awards Signature Competition Winner - Won Signature Of The Month February 2012
    Gil
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: SmoothCriminaI
    Minecraft has no real objective as such, its more of a building game where you can make buildings and creations out of bricks, consider it a virtual LEGO game only you can invite your friends to help you build whatever it is you want, the only difference is you will need to "mine" (hence the name) materials to create blocks to build your creations with, for example you will need to make a brick so you'd need to go mine some clay and sand and use a furnace to fuse them together. Also when it gets dark then its a fight for survival as you may encounter zombies and other creatures that can attack you and destroy your creations, depending on what mode your playing in. Its a brilliant game and one i've been playing for some time on a private server.

Site Manager

Status
    Level
    Achievements 500 Posts250 Posts200 PostsHappy Anniversary!Trend Setter150 Posts
    Awards Support Staff Pin - Support Staff
    Gamer Certified! - Participated in the CoD tournamentCarnage - Most kills in CoD tournament.Staff Of The Month - Staff member of the month November 2011MvP - MvP in CoD tournement.The Black Panther - A True Panther Addict
    Gil
    Items Epic FailFace PalmMan-ThongChocolate MuffinCookie
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xNeo Angelox PSN ID: xNeo_Angelox
    I recently bought it and have been playing single player and found it very fun, can't wait to get some friends together to play together on it. if you have it then tell me what server you play on and i'll join you

Status
    Level
    Achievements 25 PostsI'm Not Alone!vB ExperiencedWelcome Back!I Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
    Awards Member Of the Month - Member of the month October 2011
    Gil
    I found the game to be rather boring if you played it in single player, it was fun for a while but i prefer a good MMORPG like Flyff Myself.

Status
    Level
    Achievements vB ExperiencedI'm Not Alone!A Little Bird Told MeJust starting outI Survived a Month!No Longer a Newbie
    Gil
    Theres an update to it that incorporates pyramids and temples. looks cool
    Professional Web Design Expert

bloodserom
    Minecraft is totally cool, i love that 5minute flyover video showing the infinitely recurring terrain

Site Manager

Status
    Level
    Achievements 500 Posts250 Posts200 PostsHappy Anniversary!Trend Setter150 Posts
    Awards Support Staff Pin - Support Staff
    Gamer Certified! - Participated in the CoD tournamentCarnage - Most kills in CoD tournament.Staff Of The Month - Staff member of the month November 2011MvP - MvP in CoD tournement.The Black Panther - A True Panther Addict
    Gil
    Items Epic FailFace PalmMan-ThongChocolate MuffinCookie
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xNeo Angelox PSN ID: xNeo_Angelox
    yeah minecraft has infinite terrain on all of its modes so its easy to up sticks and move your house/builds elsewhere if you get bored of making stuff where you are currently.

Status
    Level
    Achievements vB ExperiencedI Survived a Month!No Longer a NewbieFresh MeatJust starting outWelcome Back!
    Gil
    The Tekkit download looks pretty good for minecraft addons.