Thread: iPad 3 rumoured for March

Site Manager

Status
    Level
    Achievements 200 PostsPoll Position150 PostsTrend SetterHappy Anniversary!Chatterbox
    Awards Support Staff Pin - Support Staff.
    Staff Of The Month - Staff member of the month October 2011Techie Award - Computer Techie.The Black Panther - A True Panther Addict
    Gil
    Items Cookie
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EvilGirraffe PSN ID: The-Evil-Giraffe Steam ID: steviethepanther

iPad 3 rumoured for March

DigiTimes has a fresh rumour on the iPad 3 suggesting that it will be available sometime in march, they continue with the article saying that the current Ipad 2 will see a Drop to $399 in the US and a similar drop in the UK. They also suggest that other than the 2048x1536 screen resolution and longer battery life, the iPad 3 will not feature any "amazing" upgrades in hardware.

The rumour continues with the suggestion that iPad 4 will not be so far behind it, with their idea that this will be released around the same time as the first windows 8 tablets and will feature much upgraded hardware. The Tablet market is much more fragmented than when the iPad first came out, with Android 4.0 tablets soon to be available and windows based tablets entering the fray. Apple however are not likely to lose massive amounts of market share simply because when someone says iPad, the average users knows what it is. if for example you suggest they should buy an e-pad transformer do they even know what it is???
    -ThePanther

Status
    Level
    Achievements vB ExperiencedI Survived a Month!Welcome Back!No Longer a NewbieFresh MeatJust starting out
    Gil
    This is whats been bugging me about Apple is they release a new version of something a couple of months down the line which is not much different than the previous one, i don't get why they don't just call the iPad3 the iPad2.5 as its hardly got anything in it worthy enough to be considered an entire new version, its basically a recycled iPad2 with a better battery and a bigger screen, and to me doesn't justify the massive price tag it will come with.

Status
    Level
    Achievements Happy Anniversary!vB ExperiencedI Survived a Month!Just starting outWelcome Back!No Longer a Newbie
    Gil
    iPad3 FTW! can't wait to get my hands on one, but i'll have to wait till they come down in price before i get one
    "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get"